Tim Ireland, the Director of Mergence, has extensive experience in the health and aged care industry. Most recently Tim held the position of Director Corporate Services at Catholic Healthcare for over 10 years. In an organisation of 3000 staff with more than 30+ Hospital and residential aged care sites across NSW this was a challenging role. Strong leadership skills were integral in managing change in a rapidly growing organisation.
Previously Tim held a senior management position with St Vincent's Private Hospital, Darlinghurst (Building Services Manager) and experience as Contracts Manager for a major contracting provider. With over 20 years experience in service management Tim has been responsible for staffing, suppliers, budgets, payroll, and quality control, training and problem-solving. He holds a first-class Trade Certificate, a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management, a Bachelor of Business Degree and is currently undertaking an Associate Diploma in Emergency / Disaster Management.
- Project management of non-clinical aspects of the provision of new residential aged care facilities. This included planning, design, specifications, quality control of construction, and defect liability. In addition the operational commissioning of hotel, engineering, telecommunications and security services and systems.
- Strategic planning resulting in the implementation of organisation wide key electronic systems including information management, asset management and incident and complaint management.
- Development and implementation of food safety management plans, associated procedures and policies (eg, standardised menus and recipes) throughout 30 client sites.
Tim has also played an active role in industry associations and committees including;
- New South Wales Healthcare Cleaning Managers Association
- Development of EQuIP standards for the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS).
- Finalist in the 2007 Australian Institute of Training & Development Excellence in Training Awards (Business Strategy). Achieved for the successful design and implementation of TRIM (Recordkeeping) training across the organisation.